Expression of Interest
Pilot Boat Service – Contract Operator
Summerside/Confederation Bridge, Prince Edward Island – Ref #: 2019-PBC
The Atlantic Pilotage Authority (APA) is a Federal Crown Corporation responsible for delivering safe, effective and self-sustaining marine pilotage in Atlantic Canada.
We are currently seeking letters of interest for a Contract Operator to provide pilot boat service in Prince Edward Island in the pilotage areas of:
- Confederation Bridge (compulsory pilotage area); and
- Summerside (non-compulsory pilotage area)
- Must have ownership or permanent access to Transport Canada certified boat suitable for pilotage service;
- Must provide proof of liability insurance;
- Must provide crewmembers with local knowledge and proof of Transport Canada approved certification of marine competencies;
- Must be available to provide service on an on-call 24hr basis and actively participate in coordination of vessel arrival and departures with local Pilots, shipping agents and shipowners, APA operations team & dispatch.
Expression of interest only must be made by March 15th, 2019 to:
Captain Gary Joyce, Director of Operations
Phone: (902) 426-6389
Once you have provided your expression of interest, an offer information package will be provided by Captain Joyce and a subsequent deadline for a formal written offer will be communicated.
APA reserves the right to reject any or all offers, or to accept any offer which the APA considers to be in its own best interest.