Compulsory Pilotage Area
The area consisting of all the navigable waters within an arc having a radius of two nautical miles measured from the breakwater light at coordinates 47°54.8′00″ N 65°50.3′00″ W is established as the Belledune compulsory pilotage area.
- Pilot Boarding Station: 47 56 00 N 65 48 00 W
- First ETA UTS (Hours): 12
- Confirm or Correct ETA (Hours): 4
- Departure / Movage Local time (Hours): 4
- Pilot Boat R/T Channel No: 16
Pilotage & Other Charges
The Pilotage Act requires that pilotage tariffs be fixed at a level that permits the Authority to operate on a self-sustaining financial basis, and that the tariffs set be fair and reasonable. The goal is to have each area become financially self-sufficient to eliminate cross-subsidization among ports.