Compulsory Pilotage Area
Consists of all the navigable waters within a line drawn from Swivel Point to McGillivray Point and a line 6 nautical miles seaward drawn parallel to the Pilot Boarding Station
- Pilot Boarding Station: Sydney and Bras d’Or Lakes 46° 20′ 30″N / 60° 07′ 00″W
- First ETA UTC (Hours): 12
- Confirm or Correct ETA (Hours): 6- Confirm
- Departure / Movage Local Time (Hours): 12 – Tentative / 4- Confirm
- Pilot Boat R/T Channel No.: 16 / 12
Vessels transiting Sydney Harbour must indicate draught.
Pilotage & Other Charges
The Pilotage Act requires that pilotage tariffs be fixed at a level that permits the Authority to operate on a self-sustaining financial basis, and that the tariffs set be fair and reasonable. The goal is to have each area become financially self-sufficient to eliminate cross-subsidization among ports.
Ordering a Pilot
To order a pilot, please contact the Atlantic Pilotage Authority Dispatch Centre at 1-877-272-3477 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.