Publications & Industry Notices
Notice to Industry initiative has been established to communicate and promote the awareness of current safety and operational issues that arise within the industry.
The Notices represent a vital communication tool between the APA and Industry Operators and will provide a range of learnings, and improvement opportunities, thus ensuring the protection of Pilots, vessel crews, and all other stakeholders involved.
Notices will cover a broad range of current issues, such as the continued protection of the natural environment, improvement of safe and effective marine pilotage services, learnings which continue to build long-term respectful relationships with employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers, and initiatives to further build accountability to the Federal Government, the public, and to customers.
Notices will be posted below under the applicable pilotage district.
All Compulsory Pilotage Districts
- Notice to Industry #1 – Pilot Ladder Arrangements February 22, 2019
- Notice to Industry #3 – Cruise Ship Guidelines March 11, 2019
- Notice to Industry #7 – Pilotage Certificate Renewal Policy October 23, 2019
- Notice to Industry #9 – Combination Ladder Arrangements and Pilot Safety February 28, 2020
- Notice to Industry #15 – Pilotage Act Amendment June 11, 2021
- Notice to Industry #17 – Non Compulsory Pilotage – end of service ** NEW
- APA Guidelines to Cruise Ship Masters April 2022 ** NEW
- Notice to Industry #19 – New Compulsory Areas ** REVISED
COVID-19 Related Notice to Industry
- Notice to Industry #8 – Temporary Reporting Protocol for Novel Coronavirus January 31, 2020 . NTI #8 should be read with MSN 2020-003- Transport Canada Marine Security Notification – Novel Coronavirus
- Notice to Industry #10 – COVID-19 Pilot Protection Measures WITHDRAWN. Replaced by NTI #14
- Notice to Industry #11 – Over Carriage Temporarily Suspended March 17, 2020
- Notice to Industry #12 – APA Mitigation Measures to Protect Stakeholders for COVID-19 June 3, 2021 WITHDRAWN. Replaced by NTI #16
- Notice to Industry #14 – COVID-19 Pilot Protection Measures March 30, 2022 *UPDATED*
- Notice to Industry #16 – APA COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and other Stakeholder Mitigations December 6, 2021
- Notice to Industry #18 – COVID-19 Pilot Protection Measures – Cruise Ships **NEW
District of Saint John, NB
District of Halifax, NS
- Notice to Industry # 4 -Pilot Order Changes Halifax, NS (Updated) September 14, 2020 *UPDATED*
District of Southeastern NL
- Notice to Industry #6 – Tug Requirments Long Harbour October 23, 2019
- Notice to Industry #13 – Support boat criteria St Johns NL August 24, 2020 *UPDATED*
- Notice to Industry #20 – Compulsory Port of Argentia, NL – Tug Requirements August 17, 2022 **NEW
The following Notice to Industry are no longer required.
- Notice to Industry #5 – Herring Cove Wharf Damage – NS September 11, 2019