Compulsory Pilotage Area
The area consisting of all the navigable waters east of a line drawn from Seacow Head to a position at Latitude 46°20.9′00′′ N., Longitude 63°54.5′00′′ W., and thence to Ives Point is deemed to be the compulsory area of Summerside.
- Pilot Boarding Station: 46°20.9′00′′ N / 63°54.5′00′′ W
- First ETA UTC/Local time (Hours) 24 hours
- First ETA UTC (Hours):12 hours
- Confirm or Correct ETA (Hours): 6
- Departure /Moveage – Local Time (Hours): 4
- Pilot Boat Channel No: 16
Pilotage & Other Charges
The Pilotage Act requires that pilotage tariffs be fixed at a level that permits the Authority to operate on a self-sustaining financial basis, and that the tariffs set be fair and reasonable. The goal is to have each area become financially self-sufficient to eliminate cross-subsidization among ports.