The Atlantic Pilotage Authority (APA) is currently seeking an expression of interest to provide a Pilot Boat Dock, Storage, and Crew Facility (Ref #: 2019-PBD) within the Halifax Regional Municipality.
Summary of Conditions:
- You or your company must either own an existing facility that is acceptable to the APA as pilot boat dock, storage and crew facility ready to be in service by January 1, 2020, or, have such a facility available under lease agreement, or under irrevocable option to lease or purchase;
- Must meet minimum conditions for facility as specified by APA. A detailed explanation of conditions shall be provided with offer package, including but not limited to: size of wharfage, storage, and crew facilities (accommodation and office), requirements for shore-power facilities, fuel storage and fueling system, facility security, and other requirements as deemed a necessary by the APA;
- Facility must be located within compulsory pilotage area of Halifax, NS to maintain safe and efficient pilotage service;
- Must provide proof that you or your company are financially sound and reliable; and
- Must meet deadlines for submission of expression of interest as detailed below and subsequent deadlines for offer as dictated by the APA.
Expression of interest only must be made by June 30th, 2019 to:
Captain Gary Joyce, Director of Operations
Phone: (902) 426-6389
Once you have provided your expression of interest, an offer information package will be provided by Captain Joyce and a subsequent deadline for a formal written offer will be communicated.
APA reserves the right to reject any or all offers, or to accept any offer which the APA considers to be in its own best interest.