Ref. #: 2022–PBC-PUG
The Atlantic Pilotage Authority (APA) is a Federal Crown Corporation responsible for delivering safe, effective and self-sustaining marine pilotage in Atlantic Canada.
We are currently seeking letters of interest for a Contract Operator to provide pilot boat service in Nova Scotia in the pilotage area of:
• Pugwash (Compulsory Pilotage Area)
• Must have ownership or permanent access to Transport Canada certified boat suitable for pilotage services.
• Must provide proof of liability insurance.
• Must provide crewmembers with local knowledge and proof of Transport Canada approved certification of marine competencies.
• Must be available to provide pilotage service on an on-call 24hr basis and actively participate in coordination of vessel arrival and departures with local Pilots, shipping agents and shipowners, APA operations team & dispatch.
• Be willing to adhere and disclose to the APA, if they are ‘Fully Vaccinated’ according to our Vaccination Policy.
Expression of interest only must be made by March 8th, 2022 to:
Captain David Anderson ￨ Chief Operating Officer
Atlantic Pilotage Authority
Once you have provided your expression of interest, an offer information package will be provided by Captain Anderson and a subsequent deadline for a formal written offer will be communicated.
APA reserves the right to reject any or all offers, or to accept any offer which the APA considers to be in its own best interest.