Expression of Interest – BAY OF EXPLOITS NL Pilot Boat Service – Contract Operator
Ref. #: 2023–PBC-EXPLOITS
The Atlantic Pilotage Authority (APA) is a Federal Crown Corporation responsible for delivering safe, effective and self-sustaining marine pilotage in Atlantic Canada.
We are currently seeking letters of interest for a Contract Operator to provide pilot boat service in Newfoundland in the pilotage area of:
- Botwood, Bay of Exploits (Compulsory Pilotage Area)
- Lewisporte, Bay of Exploits (Compulsory Pilotage Area)
- Must have ownership or permanent access to Transport Canada certified boat suitable for pilotage services. Reference is made to Transport Publication (TP) 14530 Guidelines for the Construction and Inspection of Pilot Vessels 07-2006
• Must provide proof of liability insurance.
• Must provide crewmembers with local knowledge and proof of Transport Canada approved certification of marine competencies.
• Must be available to provide pilotage service on an on-call 24hr basis and actively participate in coordination of vessel arrival and departures with local Pilots, shipping agents and shipowners, APA operations team & dispatch.
Expression of interest only, must be made by March 2nd, 2023 to:
Captain David Anderson ￨ Chief Operating Officer
Atlantic Pilotage Authority
Once you have provided your expression of interest, an offer information package will be provided by Captain Anderson and a subsequent deadline for a formal written offer will be communicated.
APA reserves the right to reject any or all offers, or to accept any offer which the APA considers to be in its own best interest.