Proposed Regulatory Initiatives
Provided below is the regulatory documentation that summarizes the changes effective for 2021 – 2023.
- Rescind – Atlantic Pilotage Tariff Regulations — Newfoundland and Labrador Non-Compulsory Areas
- Rescind – Atlantic Pilotage Tariff Regulations, 1996
The Atlantic Pilotage Authority adjusts charges by resolution and no longer through regulation.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
Pilotage & Other Charges
The Pilotage Act requires that pilotage tariffs be fixed at a level that permits the Authority to operate on a self-sustaining financial basis, and that the tariffs set be fair and reasonable. The goal is to have each area become financially self-sufficient to eliminate cross-subsidization among ports.